Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] (no subject)

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:16:18 -0400
Daniel,

Your question is a bit too generic. Do you know which virus it is and
want to analyse it? Or do you just want to protect your network
against a large number of the viruses?

It sounds to me that you are after the later option. In which case you
actually want something slightly (very?) different from Ethereal. You
want an Intrusion Detection System.
You can find a popular one at http://www.snort.org/. There are others as well.

If you meant something different, perhaps you can explain it in
greater details. You could give a situation that you are trying to
solve, how did you expect Ethereal to help you with it and which exact
step/procedure you are having problems with.

Hope it helps,
   Alex.