The current stable release of Wireshark is 1.8.7. It supersedes all previous releases, including all releases of Ethereal. You can also download the latest development release (1.10.0rc1) and documentation.
For a complete list of system requirements and supported platforms, please consult the User's Guide.
Information about each release can be found in the release notes.
Each Windows package comes with the latest stable release of WinPcap, which is required for live packet capture. If needed you can install the latest development release from the WinPcap download page.
Live on the Bleeding Edge
You can download source code packages and Windows installers which are automatically created each time code is checked into the source code repository. These packages are available in the automated build section of our download area.
You can explore the download areas of the main site and mirrors below. Past releases can be found by browsing the all-versions directories under each platform directory.
- Riverbed Technology (http, us)
- Brno University of Technology (ftp, cz)
- Brno University of Technology (http, cz)
- CBN (http, id)
- Providence University (http, tw)
- SourceForge.net (http, many)
- University of Kaiserslautern (ftp, de)
- University of Kaiserslautern (http, de)
- University of Seville (http, es)
- Yamagata University, Japan (http, jp)
- Yamagata University, Japan (ftp, jp)
- Yamagata University, Japan (rsync, jp)
- Wireshark.org (http, us)
- Zing.org (http, us)
Wireshark is subject to U.S. export regulations. Take heed. Consult a lawyer if you have any questions.