Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Question about named pipes in windows etheral

From: "Mikko P" <pietu8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:43:32 +0300

Hello,

I am pllannig to do one embedded system's realtime IP traffic monitoring tool. I have a tool which can capture raw IP data from the embedded system. That tool works in Win2k environment. Real monitoring would happen in Ethereal.

The problem is that how can I send raw IP data to Ethereal? In unix environment I would use fifo files but is it possible to use named pipes in Windows environment? Or can I use some other method to make a "bridge" between the capturing tool and Ethereal?

L�yd� etsim�si - testaa MSN Search http://search.msn.fi