For History Enthusiasts
These archives are from the project's previous web site, ethereal.com.
Posts from non-members are subject to moderator approval. Posts are also filtered through a spam filtering service. There is a tiny-but-nonzero chance that your message will be accidentally or automatically discarded.
If you set up an out-of-office autoreply or "vacation" responder, please make sure your message has at least one of the following:
- The words "out", "of", and "office" in your subject (in that order).
- A header that contains the word "Autoreply", e.g. "X-AutoReply-From:" or "X-Mail-Autoreply:"
Filtering List Messages
All Wireshark mailing list messages are sent with an RFC
List-Id: header. If your mail software
supports message filtering, you can use this header to act on a
The headers have the format "List-Id: Description listname.wireshark.org", e.g.
List-Id: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users.wireshark.org>
It should be sufficent to simply match against "listname.wireshark.org".
Free 30 day trial
- Save hours on network and application issue diagnoses
- Monitor physical and virtual environments
- GUI packet capture and analysis
- Fully integrated with Wireshark
- WLAN packet capture and transmission
- Full 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- View management, control and data frames
- Multi-channel aggregation (with multiple adapters)