Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing file from website

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:16:24 -0700
On Mar 27, 2011, at 1:14 PM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

> I think we might add information about KernelEx [1]
> I haven't tested it, but theirs about page seems interesting:
> 	KernelEx is an Open Source compatibility layer with an aim to allow
> 	running Windows 2000/XP-only applications on Microsoft Windows 98 and
> 	Microsoft Windows Millennium operating systems.

The packet capture part of Wireshark uses WinPcap, which includes kernel-mode code; you'd need to install a Windows OT[1] version of WinPcap - WinPcap isn't supported on Windows OT any more, although the code might still work.

[1]"Old Technology", referring to the non-NT-based (non-CE) versions of Windows, including 95/98/Me.