Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Missing file from website

From: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:17:03 +0000 (UTC)
Gerald Combs <gerald@...> writes:

> Even Ethereal 0.99.0 may not work:
>
>   http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200604/msg00295.html
>
> We added memory protection and guard pages via VirtualAlloc +
> VirtualProtect in 0.99.0. According to MSDN those calls are only
> supported on Windows 2000 and later.
>
> The last release without memory protection was Ethereal 0.10.14:
>
>   http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/all-versions/

So despite the indication that 0.99.0 is the last known version to work with
Windows ME, it appears that that can't be true based on this information.
Should the user guide be updated to indicate that Ethereal 0.10.14 is likely the
last version to work with Windows ME?  Or did someone really manage to get
0.99.0 to work with that OS?