Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: GSM/GPRS

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:07:48 -0400
Your roundtriptime seems to be ~1s
Boy must your GPRS provider be sub-optimal or what.
I am happy I wont have to run interactive applications, vpn or cifs
across that link.
(that kind of latency makes it pointless to anything else than FTP or
web-surfing).

Packet 237 is a TCP retransmission.
See how the sequence number has reversed backwards compared to packet 235.
Also see the >1 second delay between 236 and 237 until your third
dupack gets across and the other side issues the fast retransmission

737 is also a retransmission.

857 and 859 are also retransmissions,  see the sequence numbers.

I.e.  ethereal reports 4 retransmissions  and all of them are indeed
retransmissions.
==> ethereal is right for these 4.

packet 43, this should be reported as a retransmission and not out of order.
Ethereal got that one wrong.