Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] How to find a hidden IP address in Windows XP Pro?

From: Danny Bradley <dannybradley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:00:58 -0500
I used Ethereal to help determine why I get frequent network
disconnects.  When coordinating its output with that of the Event
Viewer to discover the times of day of the disconnects, I discovered
that just before those disconnects, my computer attempts to do a
broadcast from a non-existent IP.  My NIC's IP is 192.168.0.50,
whereas the non-existent IP is 192.168.1.20.  This non-existent one
did exist at one time, but it no longer does.  I have searched the
hard drive and the registry for 192.168.1.20, but cannot find it
anywhere.  Do you know where or how Windows may be storing this old IP
and how I can get to it to delete it?