Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] how to measure bandwith

From: "Robert Fowler" <Robert.Fowler@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:11:10 +0100

Hi

I wish to use ethereal to measure bandwidth consumed on 3 different links when a client application talks  to an Oracle backend.  I need to show the customer the % of the link that is consumed when different tasks are carried out.

I downloaded the latest version of ethereal and performed the following:

Sniff all traffic

Filter from Client to server

Go to static’s and tcp stream graph

Click throughput

I see 12000 as a max for 10 seconds

Problem is  I need to click on each packet to see output.  And each packet has different throughput.  Therefore,  I need to open each packet to see what is the highest.  Can I get a report that says for the 5min duration 10% of the 100mb line was used up using Ethereal?

Thanks

Rob

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **