Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal 0.10.11 WSP dissector bug

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:35:10 +0200
Olivier Biot (Ethereal) wrote:

> Unfortunately I have to confirm the WSP dissector no longer works with
> the current snapshot I just built from scratch (distclean, setup and
> packaging targets in a row) a couple of minutes ago. I had to disable
> WSP in order to let Ethereal read a capture contaiing WSP.

That's not good :-(

I'm still able to open the 3 packets file send to the list yesterday.

After adding it to my collection for fuzzed testing, I found some
"access violation" in the wbxml dissector caused by inappropriate use of
match_strval.

I've recently checked in a few fixes for this.

If the problem still remains in recent buildbot output, just open a
bugzilla item for it and provide a/some capture file(s) which shows the
problem on your machine.

Regards, ULFL