Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal 0.10.11 WSP dissector bug

From: "Olivier Biot (Ethereal)" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 21:13:17 +0200
Unfortunately I have to confirm the WSP dissector no longer works with the current snapshot I just built from scratch (distclean, setup and packaging targets in a row) a couple of minutes ago. I had to disable WSP in order to let Ethereal read a capture contaiing WSP.

The Ethereal version I have, is:

Version 0.10.11 (SVN 20050601084715) (C) 1998-2005 Gerald Combs

Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.14, with GLib 2.4.7, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.2, with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.

Running with WinPcap version 3.1 beta3 (packet.dll version 3, 1, 0, 23), based on libpcap version 0.8.1 on Windows XP Service Pack 2, build 2600.

Ethereal invariably aborts with a Windows error pop-up *anytime* WSP traffic is found :(

Best regards,

Olivier

----- Original Message ----- From: Ulf Lamping

elmer wrote:

Hi,

A new 'bug' appeared in ethereal 0.10.11 WSP dissector :

Some WSP frames are displayed in packet summary with :
[Dissector bug, protocol WSP: proto.c:1487: failed assertion]

This message was not displayed with ethereal 0.10.9 (not tested with 0.10.10).
The decoded frames seem good ...

A very little sample containing 3 frames is attached (1 good, 2 with dissector
bug).

There were already a lot of effort since the 0.10.11 release which fixed
quite a lot of bugs. I've tried your file with the latest version, which
doesn't show up any problems.

You might try a buildbot build:
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/