Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal saving as dat file

From: "Scott & Holly" <hnskalinowski@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:32:00 -0500
How can I get ethereal to save as a pcap file?  when I save it on knoppix, it is an unknown file type.  Took it to windows and it ended up as a dat file.  Is there any way to correct this or to convert to a pcap file?  Would apprecate the help, been working on this for a week.  thanks.  I have it set up in ethereal to save as a pcap file.