Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Etherreal Window Font

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafalov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:15:07 -0400
No solution, but just a thought.

The font information has to come from somewhere. Usually from Windows registry.

Get a RegMon (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/regmon.shtml).

Run a working windows app and see what entries it examines for its
font information.
Then do the same thing with ethereal and see whether it hits the same
entries or different ones.
If the entries are all the same, maybe the font itself is giving
problems. If the entries are different, maybe there are sevel font
locations.

You may find RegMon produces a very detailed output and you will need
to setup some inclusion/exclusion filters as well as some
highlighting. But then you would have to do the same thing with
Ethereal, so I assume you are up to the task. :-)

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. If you do figure it out and it is not a one-off, do let us know
for those who will search the archive.