Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Etherreal Window Font

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:15:50 +0200
dannyng@xxxxxxxxxxx, Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 06.04.05 15:12:36:

> Hi
>
> I have Ethereal installed on a Windows 2000 with set LCD resolution of 1024
> by 768. The LCD can have a maximum capable resolution of 1400 by 1050.
>
> Ethereal works fine except that the Window Font used for Menu bar, Menu
> Dropdowns, Buttons, Table heading, Status Bar, Tool Tip text, etc. is small
> (smaller than any other concurrent opened Window application) and need
> educated guessing what is displayed.  The font size within middle and bottom
> panes can be set with Menu-item Edit Preferences.  This pecularity does not
> appear in other Windows 2000 with LCD maximum capable resolution of 1024 by
> 768.
>
> Can you advise how to set this Ethereal Window Font size to be the same as
> any other Window application?  Please revert.

Hi!

I've tried to reproduce this, but it works fine even when reducing my screen resolution.

Ethereal uses the GTK-Wimp package to set the system fonts and alike to have a Windows look-a-like feeling.

There's no direct way (that I know of), to manipulate the system font size.

What you could do is try to reinstall Ethereal without the GTK-Wimp package.

Regards, ULFL