Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] One feature I'd *LOVE* to see in Ethereal: TCP bounce diagr

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 15:59:44 +1000
Ethereal already have that functionality, sort of.

Make sure TCP Sequence nunmber analysis is enabled in the TCP preferences.

Click on an ACK packet.   Open the TCP protocol.
If that ACK packet ACKS new data not already acked by some other ACK
packet,  then there should be a [SEQ/ACK analysis]
expansion at the bottom of the tcp protocol tree.
Open it,

Doubleclick on  the
   This is an ack to the segment in fram xxx
and ytou will jump to that packet.

Not all ACKs have this,   only those ACKs that acks data not already
acked by a previous ack.