Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] One feature I'd *LOVE* to see in Ethereal: TCP bounce diagram a

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:01:20 -0400
First, let me say that Ethereal is a fine piece of software.

But I would love to see the ability to display TCP bounce diagrams.  Packetyzer can do this, but it's limited in the following ways

1)  The delta time is only shown for one "side" of the bounce diagram.  So unless I delete the "initial source/talker" from a trace, it's hard to see the deltas involved.  Hard to explain in words.

2)  Ability to jump to the packet that a particular packet is ACK'ing.  So if pkt #5000 is the ACK for packet #4507, then show it to me like in Packetyzer.  But if I highlight pkt#5000, allow me to jump to packet #4507 immediately w/ a right click context menu.

I have more ideas, but wasn't sure if this was something that's already on the radar or not.

thank you

Hansang