Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] timing resolution, Linux Redhat 7.1

From: "Raghu Arni" <arni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:28:04 -0400
This is basically controlled by a variable called jiffies..This is stored in
one of the header files..Cannot remember right away..been a while since I
played with it.  The default timer resolution for i386 is 10ms..U can change
the jiffies to get 1ms but not beyond that I think...If u want greater
resolution than that then see:

http://www.ittc.ku.edu/utime/

hth,