Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re : SSL Encrypted Alert Message

From: "Tony Teo" <tonyteo72@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:54:00 +0800

I was using ethereal to diagnose my SSL connection and discovered the
following messages :

Frame 9 (77 on wire, 77 captured)
Ethernet II
Internet Protocol, Src Addr: 10.0.2.15 (10.0.2.15), Dst Addr: 192.168.0.1
(192.168.0.1)
Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: https (443), Dst Port: 13843
(13843), Seq: 688868291, Ack: 196004131
Secure Socket Layer
    SSLv3 Record Layer: Encrypted Alert
        Content Type: Alert (21)
        Version: SSL 3.0 (0x0300)
        Length: 18
        Alert Message: Encrypted Alert

Can anyone explain to me what does "Alert Message : Encrypted Alert" means ?
I look at the timestamp and discover that whenever this alert message occur
there is always a delay of a couple of seconds.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
Rdgs
Tony Teo :-)