Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Decode As "FTP" not possible?

From: "Wilson, Zane" <Zane_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 10:52:29 +0100
Hi,

I am using Ethereal to view snoop/windump files to debug an ftp-proxy that
it not working properly. We are running the proxy on port 2100 (for the
control channel; ftp-data is on source port 20 as usual). Obviously ethereal
doesn't decode 2100 as ftp, but using "Tools->Decode As" it is not possible
to select FTP.

Why is this, and is there a workaround?

Version: 0.8.19

Regards,
Zane Wilson.

********** Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer **********

This message, together with any attachments, is for the confidential and exclusive use of the addressee(s).
If you receive it in error, please delete the message and its attachments from your system immediately and notify us by return e-mail.
Do not disclose, copy, circulate or use any information contained in this e-mail.

(1) The content of this e-mail is to be read subject to Thomson Holidays terms of business, as applicable.
(2) E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and Thomson Holidays accepts no responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of viruses introduced with this e-mail.
(3) The sender shall remain solely accountable for any statements, representations or opinions that are clearly his or her own and not made in the course of employment.

Thomson Holidays Limited
Registered in England and Wales (Number 2830117)
Registered Office: Greater London House, Hampstead Road, London NW1 7SD
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7387 9321
Fax: +44 (0)20 7387 8451
IT Helpdesk: +44 (0)20 7383 1555
E-mail: Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx