Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] API and virtual network interface
From: Ulf Lamping <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:30:29 +0200
Steffen Röttig wrote:
do you know something about writing a virtual network card?
regards, steff
Well, not really.

Basically you'll need a kernel mode device driver that will fake the system to be a network card.
On Windows you'll probably need the Windows NT-DDK (device driver kit)
which isn't freely available.
I've never done this myself (except for a DOS device driver for my own
diploma several years ago) so I won't be much help here.
In general, writing a kernel mode device driver isn't usually an easy task.

Regards, ULFL