Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cmake and RPM

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:40:27 -0400

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Jonne Zutt <jonne.zutt.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
id -u and id -g return numbers greater than am_max_uid=2097151 # 2^21 - 1 and am_max_gid (same number), and therefore, _am_tools gets set to none, which results in am__tar set to false ...

I commented out the "_am_tools=none" lines in the configure script. It decided to use pax then:
checking whether UID '868232633' is supported by ustar format... no
checking whether GID '868232633' is supported by ustar format... no
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... (_am_tools = gnutar plaintar pax cpio none) pax

It takes much longer to create the wireshark-2.3.0.tar.xz now :)

A lot more happened when running "make rpm-package" this time.
It looks pretty good actually, executables are also in packaging/rpm/BUILDROOT subfolders.

But, some more work to do, as the rpm is not yet created:

RPM build errors:
    File listed twice: /usr/local/bin/dumpcap
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig/wireshark.pc

 Ah, the wireshark.pc problem is because Idb60157a51ea1dd0afd6cfac695bfa5760485241 caused that file to be installed but the RPM spec file wasn't updated to reflect that.  Change submitted to fix that:

https://code.wireshark.org/review/17113

(And, yes, as you noted in a subsequent email the dumpcap warning is just a warning--which I've given in to living with because fixing it would require a lot of complication.)