Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libwireshark.lib is missing some proto_registrar_* methods

From: Andreas <AndreasSander1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:03:04 +0100
Am 16.02.2011 17:57, schrieb Stephen Fisher:
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 07:57:09PM +0100, Andreas wrote:

This might be easy. If all .obj files that are linked in the directory
epan you can do

    cd epan
    dumpbin /symbols *.obj | find /v "UNDEF" | find "External"

sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark>cd epan
sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark/epan>dumpbin /symbols *.obj |
find /v "UNDEF" | find "External"
dumpbin: No match.
find: /v: No such file or directory
find: UNDEF: No such file or directory
find: External: No such file or directory

Was that for use on a Linux system?  I run FreeBSD.  Wireshark is meant
to compile on many types of Unix.
No. Wireshark is meant to compile on many type of operating systems. At Unix-like system you won't find libwireshark.lib but libwireshark.a and/or libwireshark.so

And let me quote Jay Turner's initially question:
    I added them to libwireshark.def and my code linked where it got
    LNK2019 errors before.
It's an error code of the Microsoft linker. This occurs only when building the Microsoft Windows version of Wireshark.

--
Andy