Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] libwireshark.lib is missing some proto_registrar_* methods

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:36:19 -0500
Andreas wrote:
Am 11.02.2011 00:06, schrieb Guy Harris:
 > They weren't omitted on purpose. They were probably omitted because
 > they were added by a UN*X user; by default, UN*X dynamic shared
 > libraries export every non-static symbol, unlike Windows DLLs.

I think this is a strong argument to move away from the export
definition in DEF file to a decoration in the header file. With the
prefix like i.e. WIRESHARK_API(1) you can decorate any function that is
intended to be public available.

I wonder if there's a way to do this by looking at whether the function is declared static or not.

Ed