Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.2.0pre1 is now available

From: "Mike Morrin" <Mike.Morrin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 14:03:31 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Maynard, Chris
Sent: 28 May 2009 05:48
<Also, the release notes for 1.2 at
<http://www.wireshark.org/docs/relnotes/wireshark-1.2.0.html indicates:
<	* Official Windows packages are now built using Microsoft Visual
<C++ 2008 SP1.
<
<... but it doesn't specifically say whether support for VS6 is dropped
<or not.  I have not been able to build under VS6 for a long time, and I
<know there was some discussion on the wireshark mailing lists about it,
<so I'm just wondering:
<-> Is VS6 still supported with 1.2?
<-> If yes, any hints on how to get it work?
<-> If not, are there any plans to support it?
<-> If no plans to support VS6 anymore, should it be mentioned in the
<above release notes and/or elsewhere?

Don't know about official support, but I just succeeded in building top
of tree with MSVC6.  I had to install the Windows 2003 SDK (I did a
default install of about 500MB then realized that I only needed one
header file from it)

This message contains confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message immediately.
ip.access ltd, registered number 3400157, Building 2020, Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB36DW, United Kingdom

This message contains confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

ip.access Ltd, registration number 3400157, Building 2020,
Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DW, United Kingdom