Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.2.0pre1 is now available

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 15:52:38 -0400
Thanks Mike.  I'll try installing the SDK if I ever need to compile with
VS6 again.  For now, I'm just going to stick with VS2008EE for 1.2+.  Up
'til now I have only been building Windows installers against the 1.0.x
tree, not 1.1.x and the SDK wasn't required for those.

As for the compiler error I got earlier, namely:
tvbuff.c(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No
such file or directory

... I simply ran "nmake -f Makefile.nmake" again with absolutely zero
changes, and this time everything proceeded normally.  Weird.

The only other thing I noticed so far with 1.2pre1 (other than the old
user guide which was already reported) is that there appears to be one
obsolete preference between 1.0.8 and 1.2pre1 that wasn't made obsolete
using prefs_register_obsolete_preference(), namely "mapi.decrypt".
Here's the console debug:

15:42:13          Warn C:\Documents and Settings\cmaynard\Application
Data\Wireshark\preferences line 1712: No such preference "mapi.decrypt"
(applying your preferences once should remove this warning)

- Chris

[snip]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email are confidential
and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you receive this
email in error, please delete it from your system immediately and
notify us either by email, telephone or fax. You should not copy,
forward, or otherwise disclose the content of the email.