Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark compatible with Purify?

From: Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <krj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 14:53:15 +0200
Hey,

yami wrote:
I know that Purify can show the problematic source code too. Is it possible to show the corresponding code snippet reported by Purify ?

I wasn't able to extract the offending file/line out of Purify because it didn't show any. I think I know what is going on. Note that when we build on Windows, we use set of optimized functions in asm_utils_win32_x86.asm instead of asm_utils.c. AFAICT the implementation in asm_utils_win32_x86.asm reads 4 bytes at a time which could explain the uninitialized memory reads I was seing.

--
Best Regards,
Kobi