Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The "war against warnings" - mission accomplished!

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 10:07:29 -0700
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 03:11:38PM +0100, Richard van der Hoff wrote:

> I guess I'm not quite up to speed with the state of this project... Am
> I right in thinking that warnings have only been purged successfully
> so far for the win32 build? I can't build on linux yet with
> --warnings-as-errors...

I can build on FreeBSD/gcc 4.2 using --with-warnings-as-errors without
problems.  However, on my Linux/gcc 4.1 box, there are a few warnings
left that we need to get rid of (I'll try to work on it today).  Then
we'll be able to run the Unix/OS X buildbots with
--with-warnings-as-errors like the Windows build.

The Windows build actually defaults to making warnings errors already,
but I'm hesistant to do it yet on the Unix builds until we iron out
warnings on all the platforms/gcc versions.  Non-gcc builds are never
given -Werror by the way.  On Unix, most directories are built with
-Werror when using the configure option --with-warnings-as-errors except
epan/dissectors, which has a few thousand warnings from the ASN1
auto-generated dissectors that we still need to clear up.  After fixing
the Linux/gcc

In summary, We're almost there on Unix.. :)

Steve