Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The "war against warnings" - mission accomplished!

From: Richard van der Hoff <richardv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:26:18 +0100
Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 03:11:38PM +0100, Richard van der Hoff wrote:

I guess I'm not quite up to speed with the state of this project... Am I right in thinking that warnings have only been purged successfully so far for the win32 build? I can't build on linux yet with --warnings-as-errors...

I can build on FreeBSD/gcc 4.2 using --with-warnings-as-errors without problems. However, on my Linux/gcc 4.1 box, there are a few warnings left that we need to get rid of (I'll try to work on it today). Then we'll be able to run the Unix/OS X buildbots with --with-warnings-as-errors like the Windows build.

I still have quite a few with 3.3. What does the buildbot use?

The Windows build actually defaults to making warnings errors already, but I'm hesistant to do it yet on the Unix builds until we iron out warnings on all the platforms/gcc versions.

Agreed.

In summary, We're almost there on Unix.. :)

:)

I'll see what I can do to squash a few.

Cheers

Richard