Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Bug / Feature Req for "Follow TCP Stream" output

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:41:18 -0700
Keith C. Perry wrote:

Well, I'm not sure I guess is the correct answer.  I can only report on the fact
that the current version is showing all the data on the same line where as .0a
version was wrapping it in the window.

What do you mean by "all the data" - do you mean the *entire stream* is shown on one line?

Is this data text in the form of lines (such as HTTP request/response lines and entity headers), so that there are CR/LFs in the data (as your "as if there are no CR/LF" in an earlier message suggests), and so that the problem is that the lines are wider than the window, or is it non-text data (in which case there really *aren't* CR/LFs)?

What I am trying to avoid is having to view on that data on one line.  A "Force
Wrap" option would do that for me in this case.

It might work, but it might not be the best solution; without knowing what the underlying problem is, it's not clear what the best solution would be (e.g., whether line wrapping should always be done, although some way of indicating whether a line was wrapped or not would probably be necessary, so that the user can tell the difference between two lines split by a CR/LF or LF at the end of the first line and two lines split by line wrapping).