Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bug / Feature Req for "Follow TCP Stream" output

From: "Keith C. Perry" <netadmin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06:57 -0400
Greetings all,

I was wondering if the next version of Ethereal could add a "force wrap" option
to the text displayed when doing a "Follow TCP Stream".  In .11 (and .10) ASCII
and EBCDIC data appear on one line, as if there are no CR/LF.    Whether or not
that is the case, it make is very difficult to "read" through the trace.  In the
.0a release, this data would wrap in the window.  In may particular case, I'm
looking at mainframe traffic.  Also, this is occurring in both the current Linux
and Windows versions.

I could not find an option to have .11 behave as the .0a in this regard so if
there is please let me know where it is.  Otherwise, it was really be helpful if
that ability was added back in- giving the user a choice of how the data should
be viewed.

Thanks in advance and thanks for Ethereal.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: