Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Bug / Feature Req for "Follow TCP Stream" output

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:15:59 -0700
Keith C. Perry wrote:

I was wondering if the next version of Ethereal could add a "force wrap" option
to the text displayed when doing a "Follow TCP Stream".  In .11 (and .10) ASCII
and EBCDIC data appear on one line, as if there are no CR/LF.

Do you mean that even if there *are* CR/LFs (or just LFs) at the ends of lines, all the data appears on one line? I don't see that behavior when I'm running Ethereal.

Or do you mean that if there aren't LFs, the data all appears on one line? If so, note that "wrapping" would also mean that if there *are* LFs, sometimes a single line would appear as multiple lines.