Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Bug / Feature Req for "Follow TCP Stream" output

From: "Keith C. Perry" <netadmin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:20:15 -0400
Quoting Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Keith C. Perry wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if the next version of Ethereal could add a "force wrap"
> option
> > to the text displayed when doing a "Follow TCP Stream".  In .11 (and .10)
> ASCII
> > and EBCDIC data appear on one line, as if there are no CR/LF.
>
> Do you mean that even if there *are* CR/LFs (or just LFs) at the ends of
> lines, all the data appears on one line?  I don't see that behavior when
> I'm running Ethereal.
>
> Or do you mean that if there aren't LFs, the data all appears on one
> line?  If so, note that "wrapping" would also mean that if there *are*
> LFs, sometimes a single line would appear as multiple lines.

Well, I'm not sure I guess is the correct answer.  I can only report on the fact
that the current version is showing all the data on the same line where as .0a
version was wrapping it in the window.

What I am trying to avoid is having to view on that data on one line.  A "Force
Wrap" option would do that for me in this case.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

This email account is being host by: