Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] failure to compiling ethereal

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:57:12 +0200
On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 04:01:15PM +0000, jiang aimme wrote:
> installed it,system told me ucd-snmp is missed. I download ucd-snmp and
> net-snmp and retry ,but I failed again.
> So I got resource code from
> (3)I tried compile resource code.when I use "./configure",the reslut is
> below
> checking ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h usability... yes
> checking ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h presence... yes
> checking for ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h... yes
> checking whether UCD SNMP includes sprint_realloc_objid... no
> configure: error: UCD SNMP requires -lcrypto but --with-ssl not specified

The last line is telling you what is going wrong. You probably need to install
openssl-devel in order for this to succeed. In that case maybe you should open
a bug with your distribution that they should add a dependency to net-snmp-devel.
In case something isn't clear, just get back to this list.

  Ciao
          Joerg