Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Fedora Core 2

From: Breen Mullins <bmullins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:18:16 -0800
On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 15:11 -0800, Guy Harris wrote:

> OK, so that sounds as if it means that packages built with that spec file
> (or from the spec file generated from that spec.in file) should *NOT*
> generate any "sorry, you need libpcap-0.6.2" errors - it should only
> generate errors if you don't have libpcap at all.
>
> Is that the case?

Yes. Remember that the OP is installing a Red Hat package. They probably
tweaked the spec file. (Or wrote their own).

> If so, then that seems to indicate that the RPMs people are installing
> aren't being built with that spec file.

Right. Also the OP is trying to install an RH9 package on an FC2 system.
The result there will probably be undefined at best.

Breen
--
Breen Mullins                      408-435-8401x123
SQA Engineer                       0xde05499b