Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Wireless sniffing - FreeBSD 4.5 + Cisco LMC352?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:54:28 -0700
On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 11:58:33PM -0400, an ethereal user wrote:
> I've been doing some more experiments with different firmware.  I identified
> the problem while running firmware v4.23.  I've since tried 4.25.10, 4.25.23
> and 4.25.30 with the same results.  I've also tried to put the card into
> different monitor modes (1,3,5, and 7) with and without a SSID and
> association.

There have been some changes to the FreeBSD Aironet driver after FreeBSD
4.5 was released; at least one of them might fix this problem (although
I'd expect it to discard only one byte from the LLC header, not two
bytes; I may be missing something there, however).

That fix should be in FreeBSD 4.6, when it comes out, as it was MFC'ed.
You might try upgrading to 4.6 when it comes out, or trying one of the
4.6 release candidates if you can.