Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Wireless sniffing - FreeBSD 4.5 + Cisco LMC352?

From: "an ethereal user" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:52:56 -0400
I put two sample caps on my web server:  http://www.severus.org/wifi-caps/

Both of these caps were made with the following setup:

Network:   192.168.0.0/24
Gateway:   192.168.0.1
  OpenBSD 3.1
  Intel Etherexpress Pro (fxp)
Victim:  192.168.0.45
  FreeBSD 4.5
  Dell Truemobile 1150 (orinoco gold)
WAP:  Linksys WAP-11 2.2
Sniffer: (none)
  FreeBSD 4.5
  Cisco LMC352

The following commands were run on the sniffer immediately after boot:

[root@ocelot root]# ancontrol -i an0 -M 7
[root@ocelot root]# ifconfig an0 up
[root@ocelot root]# ethereal &

Capture options were left as default

- icmp-traffic

 (from victim) # ping 192.168.0.1
     10 pings and responses, 0% loss

- google-session

 (from victim) # nc -vv www.google.com 80
   GET / HTTP/1.0
   <response>

In the google-session cap, the HTTP request is sent in frame 206, and the
response begins at frame 228.  There should be a DNS resolution somewhere in
there, along with the normal TCP session setup.