Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Wireless sniffing - FreeBSD 4.5 + Cisco LMC352?

From: "an ethereal user" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:41:06 -0400
> You said you were running FreeBSD 4.5 you need to upgrade to FreeBSD-
stable
> or 4.6 when it comes out.  You need this fix:
>   MFC:  LEAP, support for Linux "acu" private ioctls, fix 802.11 RFMON
>         gap problem, support for Home key, add support for multiple
>         SSIDs via ifmedia and some minor bug fixes, install header
files in
>         /usr/include/dev/an and in general sync with -current.

I installed 4.6-RC2, and now I'm seeing higher-level protocol info :)

BUT!

Now 802.11 beacons are mangled.  Kismet now reports all networks as <no
ssid> and Ethereal says "Malformed Packet"
Check out http://www.severus.org/wifi-caps/sample

I'm not going to worry too much about this until 4.6 is oficially
released.  Does anyone know if monitor mode is ever going to be
natively supported by OpenBSD?  Can the FreeBSD driver/ancontrol be
ported?