Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Wireless sniffing - FreeBSD 4.5 + Cisco LMC352?

From: "an ethereal user" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:58:33 -0400

> (You're the first of the people that have reported this problem who have
> actually supplied us with capture files so we could try to figure out
> what's happening.  Thanks!)

Glad to help out...

> This sounds either like
> 1) a driver problem
> or
> 2) a card firmware problem
> or
> 3) a problem with the mode the card was in.

I've been doing some more experiments with different firmware.  I identified
the problem while running firmware v4.23.  I've since tried 4.25.10, 4.25.23
and 4.25.30 with the same results.  I've also tried to put the card into
different monitor modes (1,3,5, and 7) with and without a SSID and
association.