Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal.conf vs. preferences

From: Graeme Hewson <ghewson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:55:39 +0000
Graeme Hewson wrote:

However, I'd like to see the same name for the local and global files too. These days, the global files are typically in /usr/local/share/ethereal, so I don't think Guy's comment is valid any more. For compatibility, if ethereal.conf is present in the global directory it would be used, and if both ethereal.conf and preferences are present, the latter would be used, I suggest.

Patch attached to use "preferences" for both local and global preferences files.