Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Dev-Question

From: Richard Urwin <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:27:19 +0100
On Thursday 15 Apr 2004 4:20 pm, Peter Höltschi wrote:
> Dear Dev-Team
> In the past I used SnifferPro of Network Associates. This Product had
> a "Matrix" included, with this function it was able to visualize the
> whole network traffic. Around a circle all machines talking to each
> other in a network where displayed. Lines in different colors had
> shown the connections between this machines.
>
> My Question: Is there any plug-in availiable which can do the same as
> the Matrix of SnifferPro? If not is this function planned to be
> integrated in Ethereal soon? Or do you know any other chep or free
> software which can do this?

I got interested, and that is dangerous ;-)

Here is a command script (Linux/Unix, but you can use cygwin on windows
and it should work fine.) that does just that, and I must say it might
be very useful.

I also enclose an example output from it for the afs sample capture on
the ethereal web site (the network here is boring.)

--
Richard Urwin