Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Dev-Question

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:02:46 +0200
Peter H�ltschi wrote:
> Dear Dev-Team
> In the past I used SnifferPro of Network Associates. This Product had a
> "Matrix" included, with this function it was able to visualize the whole
> network traffic. Around a circle all machines talking to each other in a
> network where displayed. Lines in different colors had shown the
> connections between this machines.

Ethereal has some features called "Statistics/Endpoint list" respectively
"Statistics/Conversation list".
It is not the same as the thing you get in SnifferPro, but in my point it
may even more useful in many cases.

It can be used during live capture also I learnt some week ago. I haven't
used that so much yet.
I think that you need to have "Update list of packets in real time" checked
in the Capture dialogue to get that to work.