Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ClearSight/GPL update

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 06:45:52 +0200
Gerald Combs wrote:
> ClearSight shipped me a new version of their Analyzer which (as far as I
> can tell) addresses the GPL violations.  Ethereal now comes on a
> separate CD, and is installed as an application in a separate directory
> (c:\Program Files\ThirdPartyDecodeEngine).  The new version of CSA
> communicates with Ethereal via OLE.
>
> The modified Ethereal source (including OLE enhancements) is available
> on their site.  It's based on version 0.10.0a, and uses the newer H.323
> code.

It seems that the source code for the "Ethereal-Decode-For-ClearSight"
engine contains a mixture of GPL licensed code and MPL licensed code (stuff
from the old H.323-plugin: H.235+H.450+mini_ptlib). I don't know yet if they
are really using those files when building the decode engine, but if they
are - that may be another GPL violation.