Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Question/Suggestion Size/Number Totals

From: "Alan S. Jones" <asj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 00:20:20 -0500
I have been using Ethereal for a little while now and have been impressed
in what I have seen beating some closed source projects.

However something I have not seen or been able to figure out is total bytes
and packets sent/received to/from a particular site.  Ethereal shows
individual packet info and does a good show on that side of the sniffing area.

I have recently had several cases both on a local machine and on a network
gateway computer to see the top in/out machines and sites or to measure a
particular site.

I can't seem to get Etheral to give me that summary total info in real
time, it just does the individual packets.  Maybe I am missing something or
maybe some of additional needed features are planned for a near release.....

I have been hoping for a few features along the lines of the tool Capsa
from Colasoft http://www.colasoft.com/products/capsa/ but I don't think
Etheral is there yet.

Several people in the office like that tool, but I have been trying to lean
the other way if possible.

If you know how to do more in this area or know when/if it is planned I
would appreciate any info in this area.

Thanks

Alan

--