Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.3 bugs

From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:37:17 -0400
Ethereal: 0.10.3
Interface: GTK2
OS: Windows XP

Bug:
The first time after starting Ethereal you right-click a packet, the
Follow TCP Stream item is automatically selected, if possible. It's
like a right-click followed by a phantom left-click.

Bug:
When starting a capture, the dialog box comes up, but the focus is
*not* on the OK button, meaning I can no longer use <ctrl-k><enter> to
start a capture. I am forced to use lots of tabs or the mouse.

Bug:
When a capture is running, if you <alt-tab> from the Stats dialog to
another app and back, stopping the capture makes the other app come to
the front of the window-stack, instead of having the Ethereal main
window come to the front.

Annoyance:
When starting a new capture the Save warning pops up if the buffer is
unsaved. This should be configurable, so that the old behaviour of no
warning is available. I'm working on a network product, and use
Ethereal to check the network traffic. A debugging session might be:
run a test, check trace, didn't get result. Twiddle code, run test,
check trace, didn't get result. Twiddle code, run test, didn't get
result. I don't care about the useless traces, and always having to
say No, Don't Save is a PITA.

..Stu