Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Mission to ASN.1 ethereal dissector generator

From: "John Bourke" <john.bourke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:22:47 +0100
Folks,

Myself and some others have some time now to knock this ASN.1->Dissector on
the head.  We need to get it finished by November.

So far I can see three options

1. Gerald's Python work
2. III-ASN-Parser
3. SNACC (the recent one)

I'd like to specifically produce a Dissector generator, rather than a C code
generator.  Also I'd like to be able to register display filters against
parts of the code.

Does anyone have a strong opinion ?

Thanks

john