Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] tap draw function not called at end of dissection?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:32:18 -0700

On Sep 25, 2003, at 6:06 AM, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:

The TAP system use this criteria to determine wether to call _draw() or not Iff during the last 3 seconds _packet() was called for the tap listener and
_packet() returned TRUE,  then _draw() will be called.

If we're reading in a capture file, rather than doing an "Update list of packets in real time" capture, why should _draw() be called before we're finished processing the packets?