Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Slowdown after mounting DFS network drives

From: Ian Schorr <ian.schorr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:14:41 +1000
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Kevin Cullimore <kcullimo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That data would appear to be insufficient in isolation. To their
> unlikely credit, Microsoft maintains decent documentation as far as
> their protocol stacks are concerned. Conjoining both your capture and
> knowledgebase articles referencing their networking client behavior
> could result in an argument more difficult to deny/refute.

As several people have mentioned, there doesn't appear to be anything
to take back to the CIFS server admin.  The client appears to be 100%
behind the search for the DLLs and the timeout inbetween each attempt.
 The CIFS server isn't doing anything to trigger this (except existing
as a system serving a mapped drive) and so can't be considered
responsible for the problem.  The problem exists on the 10.84.10.173
PC and needs to be resolved there.

-Ian