Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal crash when opening trace files...

From: "NOEL, ANDRE" <andre.noel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:56:15 -0400

Hi,

Since I installed ethereal version 0.10.11 I’m experiencing a strange behavior and I want to know

if I’m the only one.   ( ethereal windows version 0.10.11 running on Windows XP Pro   SP1)

Some would try this and tell me if he is experiencing the same as me ?

1 – Open a trace with Ethereal

2 – Save it as  Network Associate (DOS based) format    with the same filename as the opened one but add extension .enc

3 – Try  to open any trace in that directory.  Ethereal should crash to windows.

4 – Work around.   Copy the trace to another directory and it will open successfully.

For me it looks like when saving in Network Associate format, this change some permission or

I don’t know what in the directory that make ethereal to crash.

Please let me know if you experience the same as me or not.

Regards.

Connexim, une société en commandite de Bell Canada

André Noël  -  Capacité et performance de réseaux

671, De la Gauchetière Ouest

Bureau 744

Montréal, Qc

Courriel:    andre.noel@xxxxxxxxxxx