Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] A n00b's guide to packet capture? Does it exist?

From: Mike Meyer <mayamike@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:17:33 -0700
Hello there,
I was just starting out with this here:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=370636&rl=1, "Cracking Wi-Fi Protected Access"

One of the first steps is to capture an encrypted 4-way handshake in a file for future reference. Ethereal, therefore, is brought in here:

My problem is that I am not sure where to go when I start Ethereal. I have tried capturing network traffic (?) using my built-in wireless card, an Intel Wireless 2200bg.
I have sat here now for a while, and I monitor it every 1/2 hr or so...nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong maybe (probably)?
Do I need something special for the 2200bg card?
Is there a VERY in-depth guide that I could follow? Sorry...it takes me a while to get something in my hard head...

Sorry for the extreme newbie-nature of this question...I only hope it hasn't been answered somewhere else and I am repeating... 8-(
Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

By the way, I am running the latest version of Ethereal as of 06.26.05 ("Version 0.10.11"), and the latest WinPCap drivers ("version 3.1 beta4")....
Thanks,
Mike
d8-P