Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bug report

From: Mike Allen <mallen9595@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
Ethereal 0.10.11 fails to build on Fedora Core 2. I've
tried configuring with and without SSL support and
with and without --with-Net-SNMP and
UCD-compatible-SNMP. Building WITH the --with-SSL and
UCD SNMP-compatible options will result in a
successful configure/make/install, but on running
Ethereal, the error message below appears, "The
protocol name 'PROFINET IO' is existing more than one
time!". Builds with any other combo of SSL and SNMP
options will fail on compilation or earlier. Even a
build without any options will fail during
configuration due to UCD SNMP claiming that the
OpenSSL libraries are required. All dependencies -
libpcap, GTK, OpenSSL, etc. are the latest versions or
are otherwise work fine with Ethereal 0.10.10
(although that was installed from RPM), so it doesn't
appear any of the libraries and other software are the
problem.

Any idea how to resolve this? Preferably while
retaining SNMP and SSL support? Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Using ./configure --with-ssl /usr/include/openssl
--ucd-snmp-compatible gave this error message when
running Ethereal upon what appeared to be a successful
build and install:

`/root/dl/ts/ethereal-0.10.11'
[root@fwips ethereal-0.10.11]# /usr/local/bin/ethereal

** ERROR **: The protocol name "PROFINET IO" is
existing more than one time! This might be caused by
an inappropriate plugin or a development error.
aborting...